Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Those Krazy Koreans

www.flickr.com/photos/toughkidcst/2661403864/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2008/jun/28/fivebest.festivals

Boryeong Mud Festival

I will continue with my re-tracing of my motherland tour in my next post. I found this and thought that it was worth sharing.

Some of you may already be aware of the Boreyong Mud Festival at Daecheon Beach (south of Seoul). This year, the festival took place on July 12. The mud at this beach is rich in minerals and is used for cosmetic products such as mud packs and soaps.

The mud festival includes mud wrestling, mud sliding and mud fireworks fantasy (not sure of what this is exactly). There are also giant mud tubs in which you can "romp around with your friends" ( http://www.mudfestival.or.kr/index.html).

I'm just interested in the claim that this mud improves the elasticity of your skin and sagging is prevented. It's time for me to check this out!

BTW, admission to this festival is FREE. :)

1 comment:

StarWarsFans said...

That looks like fun!